History of Hudson Hall
The Hudson Hall dormitory block commenced on 6 September, 1948, was officially opened by the Right Honourable, the Prime Minister, Mr S. G. Holland, on 29 April, 1953. It was the first major hall of residence on the campus. With 155 rooms, it was built to accommodate the growing roll in the 1950s and named after Professor Eric Hudson, Principal of Canterbury Agricultural College 1936 1952. Since 2002, the hall has housed 74 residential students in the West Wing.